This article will give you a very brief introduction to working with DynPG and will direct you to other articles, which might be of interest for you. After you have downloaded and completed the 5 easy steps of the installation you are ready to start exploring DynPG. In order to build webpages with dynamic content, you will need to work with the following components:
- the easy-to-use backend, which is the administration area of DynPG, where you can easily manage your web content and
- the HTML/PHP files, that contain the small code snippets for integrating the dynamic content. These files all together will be reffered to as the frontend.
If you want to try out working with DynPG right away, you can do this without further ado on this page. Just click on the links next to Demo Main Page or Demo Admin Page or follow these links directly:
- Demo of a website (frontend): link
- Demo of the admin section (backend): link - user: admin, password: demo123
Features of the Frontend
The frontend is the part of the website which a user usually sees, i.e. what you see in your web browser. With the free integrated standard functions and modules you have many possibilities and options to design your website with dynamic elements. Some are:
- the dynamic navigation menu
- News and RSS feeds
- a sitemap
- dynamically generated meta data and dynamic titles
- a dynamic website search function
- the home view for new or important articles
- a guestbook
- as well as many automatically integrated functions like a category navigation, print function or conversion of articles into PDF files and many more...
Features of the Backend
With the backend of DynPG, i.e. the administration area of your website, you can create and manage your articles and contents. You can conveniently add new content which will automatically appear on your website. You don't need to change a single line of code for that since the frontend will dynamically display the new content. This easy way of use allows everyone to use all the functions for editing and customizing the appearance of the website. The features of the backend include:
- the group management for creating and managing content groups
- a file management to manage all your uploaded files
- a user management and rights management center for websites with multiple users
- an easy to use overview of last modified articles
- a delete queue for automatically deleted articles
- the option to create the navigation menu in the backend
- the integrated text editor with many functions like:
DynPG manages texts of a web site as articels which - just like any other files - can be assigned to content groups. Groups can be assigned to other groups, which creates a convenient way of structuring your data to your needs. It can be easily modified by using the backend for adding, changing or deleting content later on. Groups can be created and managed by clicking on the according Groups item in the DynPG main menu. If you want to write an article, you can use the built-in text editor of DynPG by clicking on the Texts item. Other files can by uploaded by clicking on File Management and using the easy web interface.
By using DynPG, you can build a working web presence in no time or even realize complex website designs, both by using the simple integration of DynPG. The layout of the website can be modified in numerous ways by using the built-in template engine or by defining your own CSS layouts. And still the code for a first example that displays all the content of the backend is not more difficult than
<?php require '../dynpg/getcontent.php'; $DynPG->SetParam_PathToRoot('../dynpg/'); ?> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en-US" lang="en-US"> <head> <title>Minimal example</title> <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" /> </head> <body> <h1>Example content view</h1> <?php $DynPG->SetParam_AG_Anytime(true); $DynPG->Write_AllGroups(); $DynPG->SetParam_AA_Anytime(false); $DynPG->Write_AllArticles(); $DynPG->SetParam_A_Anytime(false); $DynPG->Write_Article(); ?> </body> </html>
To get a better understanding of this code, it is essential to know about the three views of DynPG. After understanding this part, creating websites with DynPG is very easy.
Customizing your website
For some special purposes we even provide ready-to-use solutions like:
- the creation of a picture gallery
- sending newsletters
- managing communties
- establishing your own e-shop
- creating internet forums and BBSs.
- making polls and statistics
- generating invoices and reports
- or the conversion of form data into the CSV format
You can purchase these modules for an affordable price on our Homepage.
If you cannot find the information you need in this wiki, you can also make use of the other support options we provide:
- Use our forum to get help quickly and for free. We will support you and gladly provide help if you have any problems. Since we put a lot of effort into improving DynPG, we would also like to encourage you to give us feedback on the experiences you have made while working with DynPG.
- If you feel there is some important information or article missing in this wiki, you can easily tell us here here (just click on edit and start writing). We will then take care of it and provide the requested information as soon as possible. After you have created your wiki account, you can also send us an e-mail regarding this matter.
- If you wish comprehensive personal support, you can also make use of our telephone or mail support (fee required).
If you don't want to build your web presence on your own, but would like us to develop it for you, you can also contact us. After you gave us some information about your project, we would be glad to make you an offer without any engagement.